The South Seas Mall is a family-owned business serving the consumer needs of Cotabato City and it's outlying municipalities for the past half-century.
Our business started in the early 1950's, when 2 families (originally from the Sulu / Tawi-Tawi province and from Cebu City) form the Cotabato South Seas Trading Company.
The first store was located at Jose Lim St. at the Cotabato downtown proper.
In August of 1976, a strong earthquake shook the province of Mindanao and Cotabato City bears the brunt of the earthquake.
The South Seas building had a concrete frame and floor slab. This three story building completely collapsed.
In 1981, We moved to our own new "earthquake proof" South Seas Trading, Inc. building, at Magallanes St. (now Don Rufino Alonzo St.) a distance away from the business proper. For the next 24 years, we conducted our main business at this building.
Then, in December of 2005, We inaugurated
the first and only mall of Cotabato City - the South Seas Complex
where locals prefer to call it simply as the Mall... the South